Congrats to Andrea Hudes for being honored as an outstanding community volunteer!
Nominating Organization: Children’s Health Initiative of Orange County
Honoree Category: Health
Why Nominated: I would like to nominate Andrea for this award because she has been such a great support to our organization by coordinating our intern/volunteer program. She came during a time that our organization was going through significant internal infrastructure changes impacting the departure of her direct supervisor. Andrea’s role goes beyond coordinating volunteers and has learned about all our health enrollment programs in Orange County, including the complex new Covered CA health exchange. Everyone at our organization appreciate all that she does specially for embracing our mission to connect all children and families to affordable and quality health care and social services. She deserved to be honored and these are a few of her highlights so far:
- Recruited 28 office volunteers
- Coordinated 33 resource health events
- Assisted with the recruitment of 171 volunteers for WeConnect Health Care Enrollment Fair
- Trained to be a Certified Application Assistant (CAA) & Certified Enrollment Counselor (CEC)
- Trained an additional 19 volunteers to become CAAs and 3 additional CEC’s
- Created a remote system for tracking monthly outreach events
Please write a note of congratulations below!