Congrats to Suzanne Dowe for being honored as an outstanding community volunteer!
Nominating Organization: SBGA
Honoree Category: Corporate
• Helped coordinate/lead the SurfRider Foundation beach cleanup that resulted the removal of over 30 buckets of trash, returning 4 acres of beach to pristine condition
• Championed one of our first Holiday gift drives in 2009 supporting Troops in Afghanistan, shipped over 40 boxes of items overseas supporting 300 troops serving our country
• Our Volunteer with the longest running commitment to our Community Service Efforts, 100% participation in every event offered since joining the company in 2005
• Co-Coordinated Back to School Back Pack drive with the Boys and Girls Club for three years running, providing almost 1000 new back packs and school supplies to deserving children in Orange County
• Lead volunteer efforts on major projects including holiday gift drives for Orangewood Children’s Center, Spark of Love, CASA and Camp Pendleton Marine Base, making a difference in the lives of over
1,200 Southern California children! Acted as a senior advisor to our current Volunteer Leadership Committee
• Created/coordinated a family element to each volunteer event by supervising and entertaining children too young to participate in volunteer opportunities so that the parents could come and be a part of the activities. Easily increased our volunteer participation by 10-20% by providing onsite child care.
Please write a note of congratulations below!